Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Turn


I was listening to "Kidd Kraddock in the morning" on my way to work the other day about community service. Kidd was speaking to his morning crew about doing something for their community that they haven't ever done before. They were discussing the ways they each could contribute and how infectious it became if they advertised it on their Myspace, etc. Kidd called it "My Turn" and he wanted everyone to put that in the title of their blogs to try to pass it on. This is a great idea. February 10th is the dedicated "My Turn" day and if anyone is interested in learning more about this, they can go to www.myturnday.com. You can't give money to a charity, you actually have to spend time with someone. You can read to the blind for an hour or so, or you can take a pet to nursing home and visit the people living there. This is just examples of what a person can do. There is plenty that can be done, volunteers are desperately needed. So everyone, go blog about "MyTurn"

3 comments:

  1. Nancy,

    I like your enthusiasm for this cause, in fact, I think it is a wonderful idea. I think I will post a "My Turn" blog, too.

    Thanks, Nancy!

    -Maureen O.
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, Nancy!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kidd Kraddock in the morning! I heard this one too. I think it is a great idea to make people stop and think about others for a change. We all seem so wrapped up in our own life events and struggles, that we tend to forget that there are people out there who have it so much worse.
    *Dont you love it when they do the "Get Over It" segment! It is so funny! :)

    ReplyDelete