Saturday, February 21, 2009

Under the Weather

I woke up this morning sick. My head was pounding, my stomach nauseous, and my nose was stuffy. I felt fine when I went to bed the night before. It is strange how this just happens over night. I got up and took some ibruprofin and went back to bed. Could this somehow be related to the fact that half our department at work quit their jobs on Friday? Because of the nature of their positions and customer contact, they were asked to vacate the premises immediately. It is a part of protocol in the banking industry. It doesn't help much. They can still reach these customers. This really shouldn't affect me, but it did. I was a part of the old department before the banks merged and I was the only one that didn't remain with this department. So, I felt left behind to stay with the others and continue working with them, while the old group starts a new commercial loan department with another bank. This was my second merger with this company, and I hope I don't have to go through another one. Well, the ibruprofin kicked in and I have started to feel a little better. But Monday is going to be here quick, and I am not looking forward to going back to work.

2 comments:

  1. Does this bank begin with an "R" and end with a "ns"? I worked for this bank back in the day, and went through a merger with them. It was awful.

    Good luck--keep your job!

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you know the bank. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete