Saturday, March 28, 2009

Apartment Hunting


I have been all over town looking at apartments with my 20 year old. Not Shreveport, but Bossier, after all, she can't be very far from her mother. I tried to get her to go to ULM, but her friends ditched her, and she says she can't go by herself. Its perfectly fine if she just stays here, but will she be able to experience college living if she is still at home? I really want her get a place of her own, it will give her some independance. She has bought a new bedroom suit and bed covering in anticipation of this new apartment. Getting an apartment these days is nothing like it was 25 years ago. She has been told already by one apartment complex that they won't rent to "roomates" for fear of one leaving the other with the entire rent; and young adults can't exactly afford to rent on their own. I don't remember that ever being an issue when I rented one. But then, with everything else that changes, so does the times..we are products of the times. I might have to help her get an apartment, and I was able to get one back in the early 80's with a friend with no problems, two hours away from my family, and they didn't have to do anything to help me. I wonder what its going to be like when its her children's turn to fly the coop..it will be impossible for them to get on their own.

1 comment:

  1. What about the University Apartments? She'll probably have three roommates, but she won't be living at home.

    K. Smith
    Eng. 226

    ReplyDelete